Frequently Asked Questions
1. What areas do Barnacle King's services cover?
We currently service Miami-Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach. We are excited to announce that we will be opening new locations in Stuart, Naples, and Tampa in 2024.
2. How do I schedule a hull cleaning or other services?
You can schedule a service by calling us at 954-952-9140 or by filling out our new customer form at this link.
3. What types of boats or yachts do you service?
We service all types of vessels—ranging from personal watercraft and yacht tenders to sailboats, catamarans, motor yachts, and super yachts.
4. What cleaning methods do you use?
Our methods include hand scrubbing with soft nylon brushes, scraping with ergonomically designed metal scrapers that have round corners to avoid damaging your boat's paint, and using cavitation machines for heavily fouled surfaces.
5. How often should I have my boat's hull cleaned?
For boats with no bottom paint, we recommend cleaning every two weeks. For boats with bottom paint, cleanings should occur every 4-6 weeks and no later than 6 weeks.
6. What are the benefits of regular hull cleaning?
Regular hull cleaning extends the life of your bottom paint, improves fuel efficiency, increases vessel speed, reduces the strain on the motor, and serves as preventative maintenance for your vessel.
7. Do you offer services other than hull cleaning?
Yes, in addition to hull cleaning, we also offer dock cleaning, seawall cleaning, floating dock cleaning, boat lift cleaning, dock ladder cleaning, and zinc replacement.
8. Are your divers certified, and is Barnacle King insured?
Absolutely, all of our divers are dive certified. Barnacle King is also fully insured, meeting all marina and condominium association requirements.
9. Do you provide any reports or updates after the cleaning service is completed?
Yes, we attach a comprehensive dive report to every invoice. Photos of the completed service can also be provided for a fee.
10. What is included in your zinc inspection and replacement service?
During our service, we inspect the life of the zincs and assess the remaining amount left. It's recommended to replace zincs if they have worn down to 50% or less.
11. How is the pricing determined for various boat sizes?
For boats 40 feet and under, we charge a flat rate. For boats larger than 40 feet, the charge is per foot. Please note that boats with heavy fouling, not cleaned in the last 3 months, will incur an additional fee for cavitation cleaning.
12. Do you offer any package deals or recurring service discounts?
Yes, we offer a pre-paid yearly service that consists of 13 cleanings for the price of 12. You can cancel or pause this service at any time.
13. How do I make a payment? Do you require pre-payment?
An invoice will be emailed and texted to you upon the completion of the service. You can pay online, and we accept all major credit cards or bank transfers. Pre-payment is not required.
14. What safety measures do you take to ensure the quality of the cleaning?
All of our divers are highly trained and pay close attention to detail. They have substantial experience in the field. Additionally, we are fully insured to guarantee the quality of our service.
15. Do you have a customer satisfaction guarantee or a refund policy?
We guarantee the quality of every cleaning, provided you contact us within 48 hours of the service's completion. Due to the rapid growth of marine organisms, it becomes challenging to determine the quality of cleaning after this period has passed.
If you have more questions, please feel free to call, text, or e-mail us at any time!